Thrilling Thursday Roll Call!!

dit657
on 3/28/12 10:18 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - the day is starting out to be a very good one! Got dinner into the crockpot before leaving this morning (pork loins and sauerkraut - yum) - so that will be ready when we get home - love meals like that.

Got to work and my boss said she made a decision on my replacement and she picked the candidate I liked, so I'm thrilled about that! I think this person will be an excellent fit for the office - a lot of energy and great personality - good credentials. I feel much better leaving knowing they have someone like her coming in - I've been with these people for 10 years, so they are like family to me.

Second piece of good news is that I am getting paid this week - it's been 3 weeks without a paycheck (ugh) but now I think they're over-paying me!! So I'll be careful not to touch a lot of that money because chances are they're going to come back and say 'Hey, give us some of that back' - LOL. But at least I got some money - I'm sure my creditors will be very happy about that!!

And today is my Friday this week - yet another reason to be a happy girl! tomorrow morning I see my ortho-surgeon for my last shoulder visit; then I have to do some food shopping. Meeting a good friend for lunch, then an eye appointment in the afternoon. Sometime tomorrow I have to clean out my SUV because Saturday we're taking both vehicles and trading them in on one - we'll only need one car in Florida so we're doing it now.

Tonight is more packing...arm exercises...fun stuff!!

Hope everyone has a great day...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 3/28/12 10:56 pm
 GM Kathy and PA!

Happy Thursday to all!!

Today is the usual work, staff meeting(oh joy), picking up the child, getting dinner and off to brownies! 

Have a great day!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 3/28/12 11:15 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Kathy, Beth and all of PA - I just realized that I was not on here AT all yesterday.  The last two days were a nightmare at work.  On Tuesday morning I eluded to crap going on here with my administration.  Well it only got worse. I received a two page memo from the VP.  It was mean, rude and downright bully-like.  I called the union.  I spent about three hours Tuesday night typing up talking points to have with my principal and vice principal.  The woman from the union got a copy of the memo that I received and the three-page typed up point by point talking points that I am going to say to defend myself.  I got in to school yesterday - after crying all the night before to have the VP call me in her office to tell me that she did not approve of the way that I spoke to her the day before.  My only response to her was, "understood."  I know that I have A LOT to say to her and I didn't want to lose it at that point.  So for now, I am waiting to hear back from the union until I call a meeting with the principal and the vice principal.  I will NOT be bullied just so they can cover their asses.  It is ugly here and I have no desire to be with anyone.

In other news - I AM sitting in my classroom.  The good news is that I wont be teachign too much today.  First period, I have someone coming in to do a cooking lesson with my 7th graders and then I have two 8th grade classes that are both being tested before the break so they have nothing to worry about over break.  After school I am meeting up with a friend who wants to start training with the C25k training program and I offered to help out.  So I will run with my friend, and then I will get in MY run.  I took yesterday off.  Since last Monday I have ran 7 out of 10 days - I am really starting to feel stronger and more confidant that I will not only finish the race on April 15, but I will be proud of my time as well.  YAY!

Tonight - it is me and the big kids.  Larry in en route to Colorado with fb hubby for some end of the season skiing.  I am soo stinking jealous.  They are there until early Monday morning.  That is it for me.

Happy Thursday!
Lisa H.
on 3/28/12 11:34 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.. things around here are crazy.. things with Siehara are still up and down.. more down than up right now.  We are at the point where her therapist needs to reach out to her supervisor to help figure out what our next steps are with her.  I am also having issues with her Medicaid.  I somehow missed the renewal and her covg lapsed.  I re-enrolled online and made some calls to the welfare office, but got no answer.  So, I went into the office Tuesday to have things expedited.  Her Abilify dosage was increased, but when I went to get it filled, they told me that without the Medicaid, it would cost me over $500... uh, what??? 30 pills=$500+.. In the meantime, I was able to find a coupon on Abilify's website for a FREE 30 day supply.  So, I got that filled last night so she can start the new dose and hopefully find some relief from her bipolar tendencies.  I am going to call the welfare office today if I don't hear from them by noon to see where we are with getting her coverage reinstated.  

Anyway, other than that.. working Aetna.. need to go to the laundromat to wash our blankets.  There is one nearby, so I can run back and forth to move the loads around.  After work, I have to go to the dentist to get another filling done.  From there, I am hoping to get to Aqua Fit with Siehara.  That will depend on what time I get out of the dentist.  I also have an hour long session with the trainer tonight, so Aqua Fit might not happen.  Last week when I tried to do both, I was exhausted when it came time for training.  I only had a 1/2 hour session last week and I pushed through, but it may be too much to try to get in a whole hour.  I do have an hour in between the 2 so I may be ok.  We'll see what happens after the dentist.

The only other thing I have to say is that I am struggling with a lot of stress with Siehara right now and am trying hard not to eat, but am not being too successful.. :(   BUT, on a positive note, Neil has proven to be my rock.  He has helped me so much with everything.  I wasn't sure how our relationship was going to work out, but I have no question in my mind now.  He has proven time and time again that he is here for BOTH of us, no matter what!!

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 3/29/12 12:08 am
Lisa,

So sorry you are still stuggling with Siehara....((HUGS)) I am SO glad that Neil is there for you and Siehara! He is a GREAT guy!!

Just know that you are not alone in this!! I will try and call you soon...

Love you!!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lynnc99
on 3/29/12 1:45 am
Thinking of you Lisa. Take care of yourself amid all of the turmoil.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views